Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Math U See and Photosynthesis


Listing why each colony was formed.
We've been working a few new things, but nothing really picture worthy :) For history, we've been learning how each colony came to be and where the people came from who were there. They really enjoy this.

We've started Math U See again after finally getting my books. I've really done it right this time. For some reason I thought I didn't need the videos or blocks with Shane. What a epic fail on my part. So we've started watching the videos and using the blocks. Shane is in Gamma and is starting multiplication and Jackson is in Alpha and learning place values. I even made "decimal street" for him.

Jackson working in Decimal Street.
For Science we've been studying photosynthesis. We decided to make a poster to drive home all the points of the process. I made the tree last night, but they did the rest of the work themselves.

Placing the leaves and labeling.
Ta-Da! 
They were pretty proud of the poster. Shane is working on a mini project for Cub Scouts. He has to do two reports on famous Americans. He picked the Wright Brothers and George Washington. This will be his first written project. :) That's about it from Anderson Academy for now.

2 comments:

brandyglows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brandyglows said...

This is AMAZING. You are such an inspiration to me. :)