Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Diagramming Fun?

First, I do actually have 3 sons. Sammy is in pre-K and doesn't have the patience to sit with us for very long. So here's a little bit on Sam doing his thing. Coloring a zebra and working on his letters.








We have been using First Language Lessons for 3 years now. I do love it. It's very repetitive which is a must for my boys. However, we've been diagramming sentences for weeks now. Each time they learn a new version of an adjective or an adverb, there's diagramming. As an adult, the only time I've needed to diagram a sentence is when I'm teaching my kids to diagram a sentence. It seems utterly pointless to me. Just curious if anyone has used this 'in real life'?

2 comments:

Mama Ruff said...

Never done it in my life. Not even when I was in HS or college. We haven't gotten to the point where we diagram yet, but it can't hurt. But we love Madlibs here to teach parts of speech. So call me lazy lol

Andrea said...

We love Madlibs here too! :)