Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mighty Mighty Mammals



I love/hate when I learn something right along with the kids. Today I learned there a bunch of different groups of mammals. I guess in theory I knew this, but yeah....Anyway. During science I realized, they were never going to remember all these groups. So I decided to make a poster. I let them use the computer to hunt for animals in all the different groups. I did this in the school room and sent the document to the printer downstairs. I think they're favorite part was running downstairs and seeing their pictures printed out.

Also during all this I sent Sam off on a scavenger hunt. He has to find something square, something pink (without going into Little Miss' room), something starting with A, and something starting with B. He did pretty well at first, but he kept trying to pass off items as "A" by saying "it's A football" He eventually put mommy in the basket. A for And



Shane hunting down animals.


Jackson's turn to look. 

Shane gluing.

Jackson finding his animal's spot.
Working together.
The boys with their finished poster!

2 comments:

Notsopc said...

Love this lesson.. good use of the computer and I liked the wisdom of Sam.. Well it is A football.. Fun day...

Jermaine Walker said...

A for Andy! That's my boy!

Also, I would love to make fun of you for this, but it's very sweet how humble you are about it. Also, I'm sure if Sadie's homeschooling exists beyond 3rd grade, my life will be filled with these moments.

Very nicely done.